Thursday, October 22, 2009

41. Try a new recipe at least once a week for 4 weeks. [4/4]

Done! :) I am sooooooo not a cook, and when I do cook, I pull from my rotation of my 8 trusty meals, so I knew this was going to be a challenge. Earlier this week, we made beignets, French donuts, which were made popular by the New Orleans, LA cafe Cafe Du Monde. Mike and I visited the cafe in Dec. 2001, right after he earned his commission from OCS (Officer Candidate School) and it was quite the experience! Its really a hole-in-the-wall cafe with teeny tiny round tables placed randomly all over a big, covered, open-air patio...and powdered sugar was all over every surface. :) It was great. Yummy chicory coffee and delicious beignets. Read more about our baking experience here.
**I have to add that we went to the original cafe located in the French Market. Apparently, little shops have sprouted up all over New Orleans!

No comments: